11.6.14

Why do you like football? - video, tapescript, interactive exercises and downloadable worksheet


Artur: I don’t know everything about football makes me excited. Just thinking I’m going to the game or thinking about the Goal... or the crowd chanting the chorus... Ah, it just makes me feel good.
Aloisio: I guess that every Brazilian loves football. It’s all about our culture. We grew up seeing football and I grew up playing football so that’s why I like it.
Victor: Being a Brazilian, I don’t have any choice. It’s part of our culture. You must have a team, even if you’re not really a fan, but you know it’s social networking.
Patricia: I like it’s because it’s simple; anyone can understand it, follow it. The rules are easy to understand so it’s very democratic.
Emanuela: I think football brings people together so... I don’t really like it or like to watch it, but yeah I think it’s very important.
Fernando: I think it’s a representation of collaboration, friendship, excitement... There are so many positive values associated with football.
Karina: I like football because I think it’s a sport that most people like and we can just all gather around and watch the football. It’s something really fun and sociable.
Caio: Football is a sport that I like too much because it’s... erm... a unique sport.
Joao: It’s so much adrenaline to see a football game and it’s pretty amazing when you see your team scoring a goal.
Andre: It’s the most famous game in Brazil. Everyone plays it and it’s a good sport to play with your friends.
Peter: I like football because it’s a team game, but you can also make a brilliant appearance by being a surprise element and have a goal on your own.
Joao Pedro: Football... I like it because it’s an art... and is very magical how it includes everybody. So that’s why I like it.




The FIFA World Cup kicks off on June 12th in Brazil. How much do you know about the 32 teams that are taking part? Do you know what groups they're in? Do you know what their flags look like? If you want to get your football facts up to speed for the World Cup check out this video.