3.5.18

Idioms for «being busy»

«busy little beaver»
A very busy, assiduous, or hardworking person. Taken from the phrase "busy as a beaver," referring to beavers' reputation for being extremely industrious. 


I am rushed off my feet; 
I am run off my feet; 
 am as busy as a bee; 
I’ve been kept busy; 
I’ve been beavering away all day; 
I’ve been on the go all week; 
I’ve been up to my ears in work; 
I’ve been up to my eyes in work; 
I’ve been snowed under with work; 
I’ve been working like the clappers; 
I’ve been working non-stop; 
I haven’t had a minute to myself; 
I’ve been running around like a madman; 
I’m so busy, I don’t know whether I’m coming or going; 
I’ve been hard at it; I’ve been tied up; 
’ve been on the job all day; 
I’ve been in the thick of it for days now; 
I’ve been on the go non-stop; 
I’ve had a lot on; 
I’ve had a lot to do; 
I´ve had a lot on my plate, recently; 
I’m fully stretched; 
I’m under a lot of pressure; 
I’ve been on the trot all day; 
It has been absolutely hectic; 
It has been absolutely frantic; 
I’ve had to get a move on with things; 
It has been a hive of activity here; 
It’s been an absolute stampede to finish on time; 
I’ve been coming and going all week; 
I’ve had my nose to the grindstone all day.